Is your child excited to be done with their orthodontic treatment? If so, they will likely need to wear a retainer! Retainers are needed for many people after orthodontic treatments because they help keep the teeth from moving out of the new alignment. Retainers are used to keep teeth looking beautiful and straight.
Our dentists, Dr. Stroke and Dr. Warcup, care about your child’s oral health and are happy to help with your questions and concerns for them after treatment. That is why our team at North Texas Smiles in Fort Worth, Texas, is here to assist in any way we can.
Here is a list of intel on retainers for straightened teeth:
– Retainers have been shown to be beneficial in situations where poor oral hygiene and oral health are present.
– Have your child aim for wearing their retainer while they sleep and perhaps even longer.
– To lower their risk for cavities, make sure their retainer keeps their teeth straight.
– People who have speech impediments tend to notice a marked improvement with retainers in place.
– Retainers are essential for keeping teeth straight after receiving orthodontic care. With retainers in place, they can make sure teeth do not revert to their original positions.
– In some cases, retainers have been shown to help people sleep better due to their effects on minimizing snoring and aligning the teeth and jaw.
If you still have questions about your child’s retainer please call our office today at 817-732-9341 to make an appointment with a friendly member of our team. We are always happy to assist you with your questions and concerns regarding your child’s treatment.