Have you ever wondered if dental sealants are right for you? If so, you are not alone. Dental sealants are a common way to protect your tooth against tooth decay. That is why they have become extremely popular. If you have any questions about dental sealants, our team is happy to give you these facts and tips about dental sealants:
– Sealants are extremely effective against tooth decay in molars. The risk of tooth decay in molars is reduced by nearly 80%.
– Sealants are effective with children. Children are more likely to get cavities, but sealants can make children 3 times less likely to develop them.
– Harmful acids produced by sugars and bacteria are ineffective against sealants.
– Sealants can be used as soon as the first molars begin to erupt. This normally occurs around 6 years of age.
– Sealants are effective for over a decade.
– Sealants won’t produce unsightly teeth as they are clear and nearly unnoticeable.
If you are in need of dental sealants from our team at North Texas Smiles at our dentist office in Fort Worth, Texas, please contact us at 817-732-9341 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Justin Warcup. Our friendly and professional staff is always happy to take your call and address any questions or concerns pertaining to your oral care. So, call us today and let us help you smile.